Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Introduction

I have chosen to take a closer look at the Garden of the Gods national park. This park is located just West of Colorado Springs, inbetween the eastern face of the divide and the town proper. Here magnificent red plates jet into the air creating a unique area of geographical interest.


I have visited this park many times and it still remains my favorate. The geysers of Yellowstone dont compare to this incredible formation to me. The area, in its diversity, allows me to analyze many different geographical concepts and is well suited for my blog. Now that I am gaining more and more knowledge in this class I look forward to analyzing the Garden through a new set of eyes. I will uncover the driving forces behind the creation of these rocks and how it has effected the local flora and fauna. I look forward to using this location to expanding my knowledge of geography.

No comments:

Post a Comment